An Brilliant Community
At the crossroads of Interstate 57, 74 and 72 sits Champaign-Urbana, a micro-urban oasis that enjoys the benefits of a big city with the charm of a small town. With the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana as the hub of the community, the greater Champaign-Urbana area offers a thriving arts and culture atmosphere combined with top-notch dining options, sporting events, museums and technology and wide open spaces. Throughout the year, we are home to hundreds of events, large and small, from film festivals, marathons, pride events, intimate music concerts and street performances.Our community has captured the hearts of its residents, in addition to many visitors around the world, receiving notable recognitions solidifying our community as Brilliant.
Discover our communities, from our urban centers to small towns, in partnership with You're Welcome CU!
Here's some notable rankings that showcase "Why Champaign-Urbana":
- Urbana named #1 on 10 Cities Where Outdoor Lovers Can Actually Afford to Buy a Home (Realtor.com)
- Champaign-Urbana metro ranked #17 in Creative Class (Heartland Forward)
- Champaign Public Library Awarded 4 Stars and and is in the top 3% nationwide (Library Journal)
- Champaign-Urbana named one of the top college towns for homebuyers, 2021 (Realtor.com)
- Champaign-Urbana named one of the top 100 Best Places to Live in America, 2021 (Livability.com)
- Champaign County ranked #16 on "40 places young people are moving", 2019 (USA Today)
- Champaign-Urbana named “Best Midwest Food Town”, August 2017 (Midwest Living)
- Champaign ranked #2 in Illinois on LGBTQ Policies and Services (Municipal Equality Index 2021)
- Champaign-Urbana Ranked #2 Startup City for startup and entrepreneurial activity, February 2019 (Silicon Prairie News)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ranked #32 in the world, June 2018 (Center for World University Rankings)
- CUMTD named a Silver Bicycle Friendly Business, February 2016 (League of American Bicyclists)
- Champaign ranked #12 on “Best Places to Walk or Bike” list, May 2015 (TIME)
- Urbana ranked one of the “30 Easiest Cities to Get Around”, April 2015 (AARP)
- Champaign-Urbana ranked on “7 Unexpectedly Great American Cities For a Weekend Visit” list, April 2019 (Thrillist)
- Champaign ranked #7 Best College Town in America, September 2018 (Livability)
- Champaign ranked #1 on “2018 Top 10 Best Cities for Recent College Grads” list, June 2018 (Livability)
- Champaign ranked #7 on “Best Affordable College Towns for Recent Grads—and Everyone Else” list, May 2018 (Realtor)
- Champaign-Urbana ranked #2 College Town, November 2017 (American Institute for Economic Research / The Washington Post)
- Champaign-Urbana ranked #2 on “The 20 best college towns in America” list, January 2017 (Business Insider)
- Maize Mexican Grill named Best Burrito in Illinois — and the 11th-best in the country, August 2018 (The Daily Meal)
- Farren’s Pub & Eatery Named Top Burger Restaurant in Illinois, August 2018 (TripAdvisor)
- Champaign ranked as “Best College Food Town in Illinois”, August 2017 (Tasting Table)
- Curtis Orchard’s Honey named “2016 Best Tasting Honey in the World”, March 2017 (The Center for Honey Bee Research)
- Prairie Fruits Farm & Creamery’s Goat Cheese named one of “8 Must-Try Midwest Cheeses”, February 2017 (Feast Magazine)
Want more impressive rankings? Check out this comprehensive list from You're Welcome CU
Ready to learn more about our community?
FIll out the form below and share what most interest you and we'll get information out to you that meets your needs.