WELCOME Illini FANS!
Whether you're here to cheer on the Illini football team at the historic Memorial Stadium, rally behind the Fighting Illini Basketball at the State Farm Center, or heading to a wrestling or volleyball match, gymnastics meet, baseball or soccer game, or one of the many Illini sports, we're happy to have you here!
We are your one-stop information destination for game day. Know where to stay, where to eat, and where to park so you can enjoy your time in the greater Champaign County area! For any additional information on our area, contact us at 1-800-369-6151.
Enjoy your Big Ten experience in Champaign County!
Illinois Football Weekend Guide
BEFORE & AFTER THE GAME
Make it a weekend when you come in for Illini Football! There's always something happening in the greater Champaign County area to enjoy. Here's some of our top recommendations:
- Get nostalgic with a walk down Green St. and find some of your old haunts and the many new spots located in Campustown.
- Check out our area museums with rotating exhibits and immersive experiences. Did you know that our museums are free to visit?
- Burn off your anxiety in our many parks and forest preserves. If you're looking for a quieter getaway, try camping at Middle Fork River Forest Preserve, the state's only International Dark Sky Park.
- Check out live music throughout the community. Whether you head to Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, the Rose Bowl Tavern, or Pour Bros., there is live music happening throughout the Champaign-Urbana area every day of the year.
- Discover why we were named Midwest Living's Greatest Midwest Food town with our vibrant culinary scene spread far and wide in Champaign County.
- Bring home a gift for your family or for yourself! With dozens of boutiques in our downtown districts and area-wide, you'll find something unique to bring home.
Make Game Day an entire weekend. Finding a hotel room is easy!
We have 4,500 hotel rooms in Champaign County, many of which are very close to Memorial Stadium. Give them a call or book directly online. Need assistance? Give us a call at 800-369-6151.
Know where the best places to park are before heading over to the game. Find your facilities here.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
If it's been awhile since you've attended an Illini basketball game, you might want to brush up on the relatively new Clear Bag Policy. In short, any bag larger than a 4.5" by 7" clutch must be clear, and not exceed 12" x 6" x 12".
Looking to feed a group of people before heading to the game? Check out the wide variety of offerings to make sure you don’t go hungry before the game!
THINGS TO DO
Been a while since you explored the greater Champaign County area? Check out events happening throughout the time you’re here and request an Experience Guide to learn more about our Outside of Ordinary community!
Champaign County is conveniently located at the intersection of I-74, I-57 and I-72 so no matter where you're coming from, it's easy to get here. We also have Amtrak for a reliable ride or Fly Champaign-Urbana if you're coming from farther away. Click here for more information.
EXPLORING THE BIG TEN CONFERENCE
Traveling to our fellow Big Ten communities? Check out Cities of the Big Ten to plan your trip and discover all that our schools and communities have to offer!